Register for the 2014 Conference
To register, please download this Registration Form (pdf) and follow the instructions.
Please click here to view the schedule for the upcoming convention.
News about Our Upcoming Convention
By Kathy Rolfe, Convention Manager
Linda Green, chairing this event for the second year, is still finalizing our exact program, but she does have commitments from some favorites – Audrey Grant, Jerry Helms, and Julian Laderman at this point.
So come join the fun and then stay a while to play! You can get your room reservations now by going to acbl.org, clicking on the Las Vegas NABC, and then click on housing. Room rates are vey reasonable at the host hotel Las Vegas Hilton, only $49 per night during the convention.
- Master Teacher interviews will be happening Monday evening July 14 and possibly into Tuesday morning July 15.
- We will have a First Time Attendees Brunch on Tuesday morning July 15. This will be held at Casa Nicola within the LVH, with menu of salad, pasta, and garlic bread or assorted tea sandwiches, cole slaw, potato salad, and a veggie tray. Both include coffee, and tea. Cost for this will be $20 (US or CAD) which includes the tip and sales tax. First and second time convention attendees are encouraged to attend this brunch as well as any Board Members who can make it.
- The convention itself will begin on Tuesday afternoon, continuing into Friday morning July 18. We will have you out of there in plenty of time to grab some lunch and play in the 1:00 games on Friday afternoon.
- Wednesday the convention will stop for the day by 4 p.m. so that those who wish to attend our evening extracurricular activity can do so. That activity is a tour of the Mob Museum, dinner on your own in the Fremont Street area, and The Fremont Street Experience – light show at 8 p.m.. We will meet for the bus at 4:30 and be back at the hotel by 8:45. The cost for this will be $30 ($33 CAD). Guests are welcome at the same cost, but I do need to know everyone’s name who will be attending. This activity will be on the registration form.
- Thursday night is the banquet, which includes a host bar from 6:30 to 8; buffet dinner beginning at 7. This is included in your convention registration, but as always, if you cannot attend the banquet, we will give you a $25 refund of your convention registration. If you wish to bring guests you need to list them on the registration form and send in $71 ($81 CAD) for each guest along with your registration form. The pro-Panel with George Jacobs as M.C. will be held during this Banquet!
The cost for the convention will be only $165 ($188 CAD). This includes continental breakfasts with coffee and juice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings as well as the Thursday night banquet. This is the least expensive we’ve managed to do it in years. (Atlanta in 2013 was $200, Memphis in 2012 was $190, and Toronto in 2011 was $195.) This lower cost is due to lower hotel rates and food costs in Las Vegas as well as some very generous donations by sponsors. Registration forms are in this Q and will be emailed to you (so make sure I have a working email), and on our website, www.abtahome.com. If you have not received your convention registration via email by April 1, it means I either do not have a working email for you or your email is either not accepting mail from me or is throwing it into your SPAM folder; you will need to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the registration form and thus I will get a working email address for you.